Friday, December 23, 2011

You don't have to lie about your AGE, Really

When I turned 20 I was still in college and the world was full of possibilities.  When I turned 30 I had tried a few jobs but I have not found my career yet.  I had an early mid-life crisis since I did not know where I belonged.  I always took care of how I looked but somehow I was not happy with where I was. Soon after, I decided to take my mom's advice and embark on a new journey.  That journey led me to where I was meant to be all along,...in front of a classroom teaching science.  Here is the interesting part, even though I started teaching in my early 30's all my students thought I was in my early 20's.  As silly as it sounds that gave me a bust of confidence and in return it made me feel like I was in my early 20's,...a life full of possibilities .  The lesson here, is that you are what you feel and you feel what you are.  The way you look is only an effect not the cause.  But with everything, you need to work on every aspect of yourself all the time,...mind and body first and then the superficial stuff, the right skin care routine, the right make-up application, the right hair style/hair color, the right clothes,...and finally the right attitude towards life.  The only judge to your appearance is yourself.

 Now lets do a quick check list of what you should attempt to accomplish,...not all at once, one at a time.


1) Listen to you  body,...take a break, enjoy yourself, SMILE
2) Sometimes you just have to IGNORE THE negative and PRETEND that it never happened
3) Eat and sleep right,...This is probably the MOST important thing you can do for your well being,...all the body cells regenerate during the night and they do that using the food that you put in your body during the day.
4) Exercise at your own pace,...a few times a week, few minutes a day, every day, every other day,...but remember don't do it in excess otherwise you will hate it.  I prefer outdoors activities, and I found that the easiest way for me to exercise is walking.  I take my daughter for 3-4 hr long walks.  Also exercise increases the endorphins in your body, which are the feel good hormones,..when you feel good, you look good and you look at least 5 yrs younger than your actual age. (that is just my estimate)
6) Drink lots of water.
7) Apply make up in moderation,...the more make-up you have the older you look. 
8) Wear age appropriate clothing but don't hide in them,..show your curves, not stripper like,..but more Michelle Obama like.
9) And finally find a hobby.  I love being out in Nature and taking pictures.
10) Stay out in the sun, of course with right protection.  The more you stay out in the sun the more vitamin D your body builds, which is believed to fight depression.  















No comments:

Post a Comment